Friday, May 9, 2014

So...

Well, Race War is DONE! That is fantastic, really. If you consider this was written in 2006-ish... it has taken a long time to actually just get it drawn. Lots of starts and stops and misfires, I am quite happy to have it finished.

Now that it's done and I'm gearing up for marketing - I need some "quick" funds so I've taken a job from DC. I have excellent friends there from back when I was a staffer, and they hook me up with freelance work often.

So now I'm working on Legends of the Dark Knight: Len Wein. It's 500+ pages for me. And while I'm working for Indian wages...and not living in India, it's a sizable chunk of change, so I merrily chain myself to the computer for the next 3 months. Which means that I can't get any drawing done on Blow Up. The chain doesn't reach over to the drawing table.

So there's going to be a bit of a hiatus on Blow Up. I HAD intended to build up a supply of pages, but it took longer than expected to finish up Race War, and now the Bat Man book beckons.

If, by the grace of God the pages go quickly and I have time, I will certainly get some pages posted. But, with a project like this, not only am I working gobs, but the wife is with the girls all the time and has to pick up the slack of my absence. that makes "downtime" a treat in short supply.

I think I will post a preview of Race War, though. so you'll all have something to look at each week.
Blow Up will begin reposting in August.

Thanks for reading.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment